Slept all day from the muscle relaxers. Not too terrible. But I have been so ravenous all damned day.
Trying to be moderately low carb, as the whole reason I am in this situation is that I lost a bunch of weight then gained it back and my back hates me. So does my closet, but that’s a different story.
Egg drop chicken soup with veg noodles.
What you’ll need:
- 2 packs of chicken thighs with bone and skin (deliciousness bone brothiness)
- One pack of Walmart broccoli shredded Cole slaw mix. It’s in the veggy section — it’s got carrots and some purple cabbage, but not enough to un-keto or un – deliciousness it.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Water to cover all the veg and chicken
- 4 eggs
- Xantham gum, 1/2 pack of the Hodgson mills stuff
- Spices: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, parsley… and whatever else you’d want to throw in to make it tasty to you
what you’ll do:
- Throw your chicken thighs in the crock pot.
- All your spices, lemon juice, veg shreds, water.
- Set it on high for six hours or longer. However it works for you as long as the chicken falls off the bones.
- When it’s looking about done, ladle about two cups of broth in a separate pot and turn your eye on high.
- Sprinkle your xantham gum in while whisking.
- Crack your eggs in whatever dish you have conducive to holding scrambled raw egg.
- Pour in slowly, stirring continuously
- When egg is done (like 5 seconds later) pour eggs broth back into crock pot.
And that’s that. You can dress up or down how you want, but it is the bomb.